Beyoncé: I Would Not Be the Woman I Am Without Jay-Z




Beyoncé is one smitten starlet.

The notoriously private performer, 31, recently got candid with Oprah, and gushed about the love of her life, husband Jay-Z, 43.

"I would not be the woman I am if I did not go home to that man," the new mom said firmly, almost as if she she was about to get teary-eyed. "It just gives me such a foundation. [He's helped me] on so many levels."

But it wasn't love at first sight for the power pair.

"We were friends first for a year and a half before we went on any dates," Beyoncé explains. "We were on the phone for a year and a half, and that foundation is so important for a relationship. Just to have someone who you just like is so important, and someone [who] is honest."

For the longest time, the couple refused to address their marriage to media, and that is something the talk show host finds particularly amusing.

"I remember the first time you were on the Oprah show, I told you, 'Don't go around telling people who you're dating,' " Oprah recalls. "I think you took that all the way. Don't tell people who you're dating, but you can tell people who you're married to, OK?"

The singer is set to get even more personal in her Life Is But a Dream documentary, airing Saturday night on HBO. In an already-featured clip from the highly anticipated documentary, Beyoncé revealed she miscarried before giving birth to Blue Ivy.

You're reading an article about
Beyoncé: I Would Not Be the Woman I Am Without Jay-Z
This article
Beyoncé: I Would Not Be the Woman I Am Without Jay-Z
can be opened in url
http://newsheiress.blogspot.com/2013/02/beyonce-i-would-not-be-woman-i-am.html
Beyoncé: I Would Not Be the Woman I Am Without Jay-Z